Thursday 19 November 2009

Mulled Wine, Lost Sheep and Facebook Requests

I'll start in reverse order.

To cut my ranting short, i got a facebook request from someone i haven't spoken to civily in 2 years and i haven't spoken to them at all in over 12 months. So the gall of them and their arrogance truely knows no bounds. I'd love to believe that it can be fixed by God one day. But today is not that day.

In other news, i had my church home group today. It was amazing, i did the talk and i got so much from it. It was on "The lost sheep" a parable told by Jesus in Gospels Luke and Matthew. It was great. :)

Any who... i tried out my mulled wine today. And guinea pigged my bro into testing it. He said, and i quote, "You took a rubbish sainsbury's wine and made it taste good". WOW! From my brother... how cool is that!?

The recipe was under Gluhwein - the german form of mulled wine, which i think it originally comes from.

I used:
Cheap Red Wine
Sugar
Juice of 1 orange
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Cinamon Stick
half a handful of whole cloves
and i chopped an apple and put that in there for texture and cos mulled wine soaked apple chunks are amazing

It felt sooooo christmassy. Mulled wine is the ultimate christmas smell to me. :)

Clare x