Tuesday 16 June 2009

The beginning of a new endeavour

On Sunday I had my Il Dan Yellow Stripe grading, or Black belt yellow tag, if i pass i'll get my gold stripe and then i'll train for another 2-3 months for my next grading. This will continue until my EE Dan grading (which is 2nd level black belt). I won't be anywhere near that for 2 - 3 years but it's extremely daunting.

At one point I sat at the back waiting for part of my grading and I watched the EE Dan candidate doing his grading. He was so relaxed and performed the techniques so well and as I watched I thought "there is no way I could do that with my body and health".

So I'm going to do something about it. I'm 21, I weigh 15st 1lb and I've been unhappy with my weight and shape for a while. I have asthma and 2 recurring dislocated knees. By losing some weight and toning up I'll get fitter, it'll improve my asthma and it'll be easier on my knees, because they'll be carrying less weight.

And I'm starting today... initially with food and looking at the exercises I can do, as well as my Choi training to improve my fitness. I have a Choi class tonight so hopefully by eating better it'll affect my energy.

Chat soon... hopefully with good news :)